Install Clarity/SQL server AKM or AKMUS on the new server (Installing SQL Server 2014\2016 \2017\2019)
Create a shared folder on the new Server
- Insert your SQL Server 2014\2016\2017\2019 Installation Media.
- Run SQL Server Installation Center
- Click on Installation
- Click on “New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation”
- The System Configuration Checker will run a discovery operation on your computer. To continue, click OK .
- On the Product Key page, select an option button to indicate whether you are installing a free edition of SQL Server, or a production version of the product that has a PID key.
- On the License Terms page, read the license agreement, and then select the check box to accept the license terms and conditions.
- The Installation Wizard will install SQL Server prerequisites if they are not already on the computer. These include the following:
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- SQL Server Native Client
- SQL Server Setup Support Files
- To install prerequisites, click Install .
- The System Configuration Checker will verify the system state of your computer before Setup continues.
- On the Feature Selection page, select the components for your installation. You will need Database Engine Service.
- On the Instance Configuration page, select named instance installation. Name your instance “AKM” (or AKMUS).(If you already used instance name AKM or AKMUS then you can use AKM2014 or AKM2016 or AKM2017 / AKMUS2014 or AKMUS2016 or AKMUS2017 )
- Follow through the installation and make sure instance runs on TCP/IP and Named Pipes.
- Add your Windows administrator account as SQL Server Administrator .Define “sa” user passwords (Please do remember this password.It is require when you open Paymate Clarity for first time).
- Make sure Local and Remote logins as well as Windows and SQL Authentication modes are enabled for instance . Also, to ensure that backups are taken with proper access rights, make sure instance runs under “Local System” account.